It is no longer appropriate for us just to choose any gift for our mothers; instead, we must choose and offer a gift from our heart. However, it should not be difficult to do that, since we have known our mother for… a lifetime, we know what she likes and dislikes. Our mothers often speak about their wishes and needs, so we can find out just what we want to know from them. If we cannot really find an appropriate gift, it is best to take her out and see what she likes. However, let’s see some gifts ideas, according to our mother’ s character:
Mothers who refuse to get older:
• For mothers who like to be beautiful, we can choose a good perfume or a pair of beautiful shoes from the mall.
• If she wears jewelry, she would be delighted to receive something new from us, something to remind her of us; some earrings, a bracelet or a necklace would be perfect in this case.
• We can also choose to offer them the possibility of spending an entire day at a beauty spa salon, especially if she has not done this for a long time. It would be a pleasant surprise for her.
Mothers who have not gone out for a long time
• Two tickets to a show that is held in the city might be an appropriate gift idea in this case. If the show does not take place around her birthday, it is fine to buy the tickets in advance and to surprise her in advance.
• A maximum surprise, if your budget allows it is to reserve a table at a nice restaurant in town and make her a surprise by inviting her close friends to celebrate her birthday. Of course, you will be the one who pays the bill.
Mothers who are concerned with the house
• Surely, she always lacks a kitchen appliance or a gadget that is almost useless, but which does everything on TV.
• She might be charmed by a fluffy quilt or some new pillows. It is better to buy products that can be washed in regular washing machines.
Mothers who use to read
• Mothers who read a lot, will always appreciate a new book. What we have to do in this case is to find out what books she wants to have and read.
• We could also offer her a monthly/year subscription to her favorite publications.
Mothers concerned about beautiful decorations
• We can go to a gift shop in which all sorts of decorative items can be found and pick something that our budget allows us to buy: a new vase, a nice carpet or some ornaments that she could place in her living room.
Mothers who like to travel
• If you have enough money, then offer them a gift representing a holiday trip (a trip in the mountains, or a cruise at sea), or at least a weekend at a tourist hostel in a beautiful region.
• If you are constrained by your limited budget, then you could buy her albums or travel guides, which describe each country in detail. Guidelines from the National Geographic and Discovery are among the best offers of this kind.
Art lover mothers
• If she likes to paint or draw, then buy her a creative set of paintings and books that explain the art of making handmade jewelry and other various decorations that she might enjoy.
• If she is passionate about art, but does not have the opportunity of visiting museums, buy her certain guide books in which the world’s famous museums and art masterpieces are presented: Louvre, Versailles, Prado, the Modern Art Museum in New York, Uffizi Gallery etc.11